Amazon has released a major new update to their Android Kindle app, bringing it to version 2.0, and invoking a slew of new features. According to the changelog (copied below), you can now make purchases right within the app, so no longer will you be forced to jump to a browser to buy a new book. They've also opened up access to over 100 magazines and newspapers. Here's the full list of feature enhancements:
- Buy and read more than 100 Kindle newspapers and magazines.
- The store has been integrated into the app (no more hoping into the browser).
- Share reading progress via social networks.
- Zoom on images and graphics.
- Turn pages using the volume keys
- Chapter title now shows in the reader status bar.
- Can move app to the SD card.
The app is available now on the Android Market, or via App Brain.